Re: Configure can't find com_err on OpenBSD for --with-krb5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jim Rosenberg
Subject Re: Configure can't find com_err on OpenBSD for --with-krb5
Date
Re: Configure can't find com_err on OpenBSD for --with-krb5  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-general
--On Saturday, March 3, 2007 11:24 PM -0500 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
wrote:

>> I am trying to build PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on OpenBSD 4.0. When I give the
>> command
>
>> ./configure -v --with-openssl --with-krb5
>> --with-includes=/usr/include/kerberosV
>
>> I get:
>
>> checking for library containing com_err... no
>> configure: error: could not find function 'com_err' required for
>> Kerberos 5
>
> Perhaps you need a --with-libs switch too?  Usually, if the package
> didn't put its include files right in /usr/include, it likely didn't
> put the libraries right in /usr/lib either.

Hmm. libkrb5 is in /usr/lib -- with all the rest of the libs -- not
somewhere special.

I also have /usr/lib/libcom_err.a too, and it seems to have com_err.o also.
Putting in an explicit

./configure --with-openssl --with-krb5
--with-includes=/usr/include/kerberosV
--with-libs=/usr/lib

(sorry for the word wrap) doesn't help.

The "standard" PostgreSQL port that OpenBSD wants to make is (alas) 8.1.8.

-Thanks, Jim